Friday 28 January 2011

QUESTIONAIRE

The audience I aimed my  questionnaire AT jewellery on was for both male students however, as I expected the majority of completed answers were from girls.
I aimed my research at students as I feel they are the age range which wear more on an everyday basis due to fashion in comparison to an older generation in a work place. Subsequently, I did not include a Jewry stores which did not confide with a student budget and that were brought as a one off basis.

FIRST QUESTIONNAIRE
  1. DO YOU PREFER GOLD OR SILVER JEWELLERY? (TOTAL 46)
SILVER  = 26
GOLD = 15
  1. WHATS YOUR FAVOURITE COLOUR OF JEWELLERY? (total 46)
White = 0
Blue (light) = 8
Blue (dark) = 6
Green = 4
Brown = 2
Translucent/Glass = 9
Black = 4
Metal = 12
  1. WHERE TO DO YOU BUY MOST OF YOUR EVERYDAY JEWELLERY? (total 46)
Topshop = 17
Accessorise = 7
Pandora = 4
Primark = 6
Urban Outfitters = 4 
Claires Accessories = 4
New Look = 1
Asos = 3





From this questionnaire it is evident that from the people I have asked, silver is preferred over gold jewelery. I am going to use these as the two main categories. Then glass/cut glass/diamond look-a-like is the most popular colour/type of jewellery so this is going to be the other main category
Topshop is the most popular shop to purchase this jewellery


I am not going to have 10 categories anymore, it is too broad and from the questionnaire these are the most popular and I can easily split the 100 pieces of jewellery into 25 of each.
From this reserach my main categories will be;

GOLD 
SILVER
CUT CLASS/FAKE DIAMON/BLING
OTHER

The "other'' category refers to the other materials such as bone, leather, wood and feathers and have a more decorative element to the pieces of jewelery (e.g. see picture below)






No comments:

Post a Comment